Darkanimz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All joints at their limits ©

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trade union

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kosovohp
I'm becoming active !
I'm becoming active !

Trade union Empty
PostSubject: Trade union   Trade union I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 5:42 am

A trade union (British English) or labor union (American English) is an organization of workers that have banded together to achieve common goals such as better working conditions. The trade union, through its leadership, bargains with the employer on behalf of union members (rank and file[1] members) and negotiates labour contracts (collective bargaining) with employers. This may include the negotiation of wages, work rules, complaint procedures, rules governing hiring, firing and promotion of workers, benefits, workplace safety and policies. The agreements negotiated by the union leaders are binding on the rank and file members and the employer and in some cases on other non-member workers.

Originating in Europe, trade unions became popular in many countries during the Industrial Revolution, when the lack of skill necessary to perform most jobs shifted employment bargaining power almost completely to the employers' side, causing many workers to be mistreated and underpaid. Trade union organizations may be composed of individual workers, professionals, past workers, or the unemployed. The most common, but by no means only, purpose of these organizations is "maintaining or improving the conditions of their employment".[2]

Health and fitness books
proactol
Back to top Go down

Trade union
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Darkanimz :: Animation :: High-
Jump to: