Darkanimz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All joints at their limits ©

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ohio Company group building

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lynk2510
I'm becoming active !
I'm becoming active !

Ohio Company group building  Empty
PostSubject: Ohio Company group building    Ohio Company group building  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 6:15 am

as one vehicle through which British investors planned to expand into the territory, opening new settlements and building trading posts for the Indian trade. Governor Dinwiddie received orders from the British government to warn the French of British claims, and sent Major Washington in late 1753 to deliver a letter informing the French of those claims and asking them to leave.[18] Washington also met with Tanacharison (also called "Half-King") and other Iroquois leaders allied to Virginia at Logstown to secure their support in case of conflict with the French; Washington and Tanacharison became friends and allies. Washington delivered the letter to the local French commander, who politely refused to leave.[19]
Governor Dinwiddie sent Washington back to the Ohio Country to protect an Ohio Company group building a fort at present-day Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania but before he reached the area, a French force drove out the

printing services
e-commerce
Back to top Go down

Ohio Company group building
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Darkanimz :: General :: General Chat-
Jump to: